2022 SAS Annual Conference
The Society is pleased to announce that the 2022 SAS Annual Conference will take place virtually in Whova and Gather.Town.
Virtual Conference Dates: March 30 – April 2, 2022
*There may be a lag between the time of registration and access to Whova and Gather.Town as these systems are not automatically integrated. Please contact if you are concerned about the length of time that has elapsed without access to Whova and/or Gather.Town. Note: These systems are separately managed so access to one platform does not automatically guarantee access to the second.
**Please note that conference sessions, with the exception of Salons, will be recorded and be available “on demand” on Whova within 24-hours of scheduled session time.
Excited for the conference? So are we!
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Attending SAS 2022:
- Familiarize Yourself with the Virtual Setting: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection to minimize technical glitches. Test your audio/video before logging on, to ensure a smooth experience all round. To prevent caching issues, we encourage using the ‘incognito’ or ‘private’ mode within your chosen browser – this way you login fresh each day to the new content.
- Organize Your Schedule: Similar to attending an on-site conference, take time to review the program and plan ahead, to determine which sessions and live Q&A’s you wish to attend.
- Be an Active Participant: Participate beyond just watching and listening – take notes and ask questions during sessions. Allow social media to be a natural extension of the virtual platform and use the #AffectScience2022 hashtag to further discussion of topics and themes online.
- Reduce Distractions: This is much easier said than done. If possible, try and find a quiet space to focus on the conference content.
- Take a Flexible Approach: Take the pressure off and utilize the flexibility of a virtual event by using the on-demand service to watch sessions you missed, in your own time. The on-demand service enables you to watch sessions within 24-hours after they stream live, for up 90 days after the conference ends.
Check out our What to Expect document to get in the know, as well as our Tips & Tricks for Gather.Town!
If you are presenting, you can use our SAS Zoom Background!
Presidential Symposium: The Affective Science of Mental Health
The Society is pleased to announce our Presidential Symposium, which will be moderated by our President, Professor Elaine Fox! See below:
Date: Friday, April 1st, 2022
Time: 15:15 EDT / 20:15 BST / 19:15 GMT / 5:45 ACDT (on April 2nd, 2022)
Associate Professor Lauren Heathcote: Rethinking Physical Symptoms
Professor Emily Holmes: Mental Imagery and Mental Health
Professor Lisa Feldman-Barrett: Mood and Metabolic Status
Lisa Feldman Barrett
Diversity Science Symposium: Emotion Regulation as a Tool in Coping with Racism and Promoting Healthier Intergroup Relations
Date: Thursday, March 31st, 2022
Time: 2:00pm – 3:15pm EDT
Michelle (Lani) Shiota
Date: Wednesday, March 30th, 2022
Time: 5:15pm – 6:30pm EDT
Jennifer K. MacCormack
Katharine H. Greenaway
Abigail A. Marsh
Meet the 2022 Organising Committee:
Stephanie M. Carpenter