2022 SAS Annual Conference
The Society is pleased to announce that the 2022 SAS Annual Conference will take place virtually in Whova and Gather.Town.
Virtual Conference Dates: March 30 – April 2, 2022
*There may be a lag between the time of registration and access to Whova and Gather.Town as these systems are not automatically integrated. Please contact email@example.com if you are concerned about the length of time that has elapsed without access to Whova and/or Gather.Town. Note: These systems are separately managed so access to one platform does not automatically guarantee access to the second.
**Please note that conference sessions, with the exception of Salons, will be recorded and be available “on demand” on Whova within 24-hours of scheduled session time.
Excited for the conference? So are we!
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Attending SAS 2022:
- Familiarize Yourself with the Virtual Setting: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection to minimize technical glitches. Test your audio/video before logging on, to ensure a smooth experience all round. To prevent caching issues, we encourage using the ‘incognito’ or ‘private’ mode within your chosen browser – this way you login fresh each day to the new content.
- Organize Your Schedule: Similar to attending an on-site conference, take time to review the program and plan ahead, to determine which sessions and live Q&A’s you wish to attend.
- Be an Active Participant: Participate beyond just watching and listening – take notes and ask questions during sessions. Allow social media to be a natural extension of the virtual platform and use the #AffectScience2022 hashtag to further discussion of topics and themes online.
- Reduce Distractions: This is much easier said than done. If possible, try and find a quiet space to focus on the conference content.
- Take a Flexible Approach: Take the pressure off and utilize the flexibility of a virtual event by using the on-demand service to watch sessions you missed, in your own time. The on-demand service enables you to watch sessions within 24-hours after they stream live, for up 90 days after the conference ends.
If you are presenting, you can use our SAS Zoom Background!
Presidential Symposium: The Affective Science of Mental Health
The Society is pleased to announce our Presidential Symposium, which will be moderated by our President, Professor Elaine Fox! See below:
Date: Friday, April 1st, 2022
Time: 15:15 EDT / 20:15 BST / 19:15 GMT / 5:45 ACDT (on April 2nd, 2022)
Associate Professor Lauren Heathcote: Rethinking Physical Symptoms
Professor Emily Holmes: Mental Imagery and Mental Health
Professor Lisa Feldman-Barrett: Mood and Metabolic Status
Diversity Science Symposium: Emotion Regulation as a Tool in Coping with Racism and Promoting Healthier Intergroup Relations
Date: Thursday, March 31st, 2022
Time: 2:00pm – 3:15pm EDT
Date: Wednesday, March 30th, 2022
Time: 5:15pm – 6:30pm EDT
Meet the 2022 Organising Committee: