2022 SAS Trainee Diversity Award
The Society for Affective Science is committed to supporting trainees within our society and increasing the diversity of the field of affective science. To that end, the SAS Student Committee and SAS DEI Committee are pleased to announce our 2022 Trainee Diversity Awards. All graduate students and postdoctoral researchers will be welcome to apply if they feel their background will add to the diversification of SAS. The awardees will receive complimentary registration to the 2022 SAS Annual Conference and a guaranteed flash talk.
To be eligible, candidates must:
(1) be a member of SAS at the time of application,
(2) be currently enrolled in a graduate degree program or employed as a postdoctoral researcher with a focus on a topic related to affective science,
(3) not have previously received the award,
(4) not be a current member of the SAS Student Committee Executive Team (Chair, Vice Chair, or Secretary),
(5) identify as a member of an underrepresented group including, but not limited to racial/ethnic minority, LGBTQ+, first-generation student, student with a disability, international students (i.e., trainees from outside the US currently at US-based institutions) and non-US-based students (e.g., trainees currently at institutions based outside the US)
(6) have submitted an abstract as the presenting author for the upcoming SAS conference, will attend, and are prepared to present their work as a flash talk.
Please indicate your interest in the Student Diversity Awards through the main conference abstract submission portal! An application form and additional materials will be solicited soon via email to those who express interest.