2023 SAS Annual Conference
The Society is pleased to announce the return to an in-person conference with the 2023 SAS Annual Conference.
The in-person conference will take place in Long Beach, California, USA at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach Hotel.
March 30 – April 1, 2023
Excited for the conference? So are we!
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Attending SAS 2022:
- Familiarize Yourself with the Virtual Setting: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection to minimize technical glitches. Test your audio/video before logging on, to ensure a smooth experience all round. To prevent caching issues, we encourage using the ‘incognito’ or ‘private’ mode within your chosen browser – this way you login fresh each day to the new content.
- Organize Your Schedule: Similar to attending an on-site conference, take time to review the program and plan ahead, to determine which sessions and live Q&A’s you wish to attend.
- Be an Active Participant: Participate beyond just watching and listening – take notes and ask questions during sessions. Allow social media to be a natural extension of the virtual platform and use the #AffectScience2022 hashtag to further discussion of topics and themes online.
- Reduce Distractions: This is much easier said than done. If possible, try and find a quiet space to focus on the conference content.
- Take a Flexible Approach: Take the pressure off and utilize the flexibility of a virtual event by using the on-demand service to watch sessions you missed, in your own time. The on-demand service enables you to watch sessions within 24-hours after they stream live, for up 90 days after the conference ends.
Check out our What to Expect document to get in the know, as well as our Tips & Tricks for Gather.Town!
If you are presenting, you can use our SAS Zoom Background!