2024 SAS Annual Conference
SAS is excited to be hosting the 2024 conference in-person in New Orleans, Louisiana at the New Orleans Marriott Hotel.
New Orleans is located in the southern United States on the Mississippi River, near the Gulf of Mexico. This storied city, nicknamed the “Big Easy,” reflects its melting pot of French, African and American cultures infused with a vibrant live-music scene and Creole cuisine reflecting its history.
Click below to find information on attractions, neighborhoods, dining, sightseeing, and so much more! https://www.neworleans.com/
Friday, March 1 – Sunday, March 3, 2024
New Orleans, LA
Excited for the conference? So are we!
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Attending SAS 2022:
- Familiarize Yourself with the Virtual Setting: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection to minimize technical glitches. Test your audio/video before logging on, to ensure a smooth experience all round. To prevent caching issues, we encourage using the ‘incognito’ or ‘private’ mode within your chosen browser – this way you login fresh each day to the new content.
- Organize Your Schedule: Similar to attending an on-site conference, take time to review the program and plan ahead, to determine which sessions and live Q&A’s you wish to attend.
- Be an Active Participant: Participate beyond just watching and listening – take notes and ask questions during sessions. Allow social media to be a natural extension of the virtual platform and use the #AffectScience2022 hashtag to further discussion of topics and themes online.
- Reduce Distractions: This is much easier said than done. If possible, try and find a quiet space to focus on the conference content.
- Take a Flexible Approach: Take the pressure off and utilize the flexibility of a virtual event by using the on-demand service to watch sessions you missed, in your own time. The on-demand service enables you to watch sessions within 24-hours after they stream live, for up 90 days after the conference ends.
If you are presenting, you can use our SAS Zoom Background!
Late September 2023: Abstract submissions open
November 15, 2023: Abstract submissions close
Early January, 2024: Acceptance notices sent out
November 15, 2023: Early bird registration opens
January 15, 2024: Rates increase to regular rates
February 20, 2024: Rates increase to final registration
Meet the 2024 Organising Committee:
Erik Nook, Princeton University
Sa-kiera Hudson, University of California Berkeley Haas
Full listing coming soon!
The New Orleans Marriott
The New Orleans Marriott is situated in the heart of the French Quarter on Canal Street with streetcar access to Uptown and Mid-City. The hotel is ideally located near popular attractions such as Café du Monde, Bourbon Street, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, many award-winning restaurants and the Riverwalk beside the mighty Mississippi River.
More hotel information and SAS room rates coming soon!