Post-doctoral positions in the Laboratory of Social & Affective Neuroscience at Georgetown University
The Laboratory on Social and Affective Neuroscience in the Department of Psychology at Georgetown University in Washington, DC (PI: Abigail Marsh) is looking to hire 1-2 post-doctoral researchers to conduct fMRI, behavioral, and neurohormonal research related to the neural basis of empathy, altruism, and interpersonal callousness/psychopathy.
The project offers opportunities to develop skills and expertise in functional and structural neuroimaging combined with neurohormonal research, and to work in a collaborative and supportive social neuroscience lab.
The start date is flexible. Interviews will be conducted until the position is filled.
The ideal candidate will have…
• A PhD in psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science, or a closely related field
• Interest and experience in conducting empirical research on empathy, altruism,
aggression, and/or psychopathy
• Experience conducting computational analyses of behavioral and/or
• A publication record commensurate with the candidate’s level of training
• Enthusiasm for working as part of a team and taking part in training junior
To learn more about our lab, please visit www.abigailmarsh.com We will continue to interview candidates until 1 or 2 positions have been filled. Please submit inquiries or applications (a cover letter and CV that includes contact
information for at least 3 references) can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.